Students may not enroll or continue attendance at school unless the minimum state vaccine requirements have been met.
2018-2019 Texas State Vaccine Requirements, in English and Spanish.
Low Cost or Free Immunization Clinics:
In accordance with Department of State Health Services (DSHS) policy, the free and reduced vaccine programs funded by Texas Vaccines for Children will only serve:
- CHIP: A child who is enrolled in the CHIP program
- Medicaid: A child who is enrolled in the Medicaid program
- Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance coverage
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Underinsured (*New Definition*): A child whose health insurance does not include vaccines; a child whose insurance covers only selected vaccines (TVFC-eligible for non-covered vaccines only); or a child whose insurance caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount. Once that coverage amount is reached, the child is categorized as underinsured.
Insured children will be required to receive vaccinations from their primary care providers. If you are not sure of your coverage, please contact your insurance carrier.
Immunization Record Request
Exemptions of Immunization Requirements
Chapter §97.62 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) describes the conditions under which individuals can seek exemptions from Texas immunization requirements. Exclusions from compliance are allowable on an individual basis for medical contraindications, reasons of conscience, including a religious belief, and active duty with the armed forces of the United States.
Information on obtaining an exemption for immunizations is available at dshs.state.tx.us
FAQ's on Exemptions from Immunizations
On-line request for Reasons of Conscience Affidavit Form.
Call your school nurse if you have any questions or would like her to review your child's record.