Wolfe City ISD uses STOP!t, an online and app-based system, to empower students, parents, teachers and others to anonymously report anything of concern to school officials - from cyber-bullying to threats of violence or self-harm.
The app encourages students to "See Something, Say Something" and allows them to report: *Bullying/Cyberbullying *Violence/Threats *Hazing *Weapons Possession *Drugs/Alcohol *Substance Abuse *Intolerance/Discrimination
STOP!t does more than just help schools address incidents and mitigate risk. STOP!t will also help us go beyond reacting to bullying and inappropriate behavior, and instead start deterring it. As young people continue to engage more with technology every day, Wolfe City ISD is taking a proactive step to empower students in our community in the way that they feel most comfortable. Wolfe City ISD believes adoption of STOP!t is an important step in the continued effort to provide a positive school climate and a safe learning environment for our students.
How to Report Your Concern
With STOP!t, users can submit anonymous reports containing text, photos, or video. Administrators are then able to manage incidents in a backend management system. This system provides efficient and powerful investigative tools to staff, including the ability to message with the reporter, which will allow Wolfe City ISD to address issues instantly. To access STOP!t and make an anonymous report:
- Wolfe City ISD launched an optional app version of STOP!t. Users can download the app from the App Store or Google Play and use corresponding access code for the District. Information and phone app access codes are available via posters put up around the district and by contacting campus counselors.
- Web-based reporting is available as well. To make a report, visit https://appweb.stopitsolutions.com/login and enter the campus access code.
Please keep in mind, STOPit is not an emergency response service. If you believe your call requires immediate police, fire, or paramedic response, call 9-1-1. STOP!t does not provide counseling or clinical advice. If you feel you need this type of attention, please seek the assistance of a qualified clinical or medical professional.
Is STOP!t really anonymous?
- STOP!t is truly anonymous. The school has no ability to identify the submitter of a report or message. At their discretion, an end user may choose to voluntarily provide identifying information in the content of their report or message.
How does the STOP!t mobile app work?
- Once the STOP!t mobile app is downloaded to the student’s phone, it provides them with several powerful features. The Report feature can be used to anonymously submit an incident report consisting of an image, video, and/or text to school contacts who can respond to the incident and get help to the student in need. The STOP!t mobile app also allows for anonymous two-way communication between students and school administrators with STOP!t Messenger.
Can STOP!t be used by children under the age of 13?
- The STOP!t app (and its browser-based version) may be used by children under the age of 13. Wolfe City ISD urges parents to contact the school's administration to learn more about how the school uses STOP!t and the data we provide them.
Who receives the reports my child submits via STOP!t?
- Reports and Messenger messages will be received by the contacts designated by the school and district administrators.
Can I as a parent, teacher or community member use STOP!t?
- Yes, parents, teachers and community members can make an anonymous report via the STOP!t app or through the desktop reporting link.
I have additional questions about STOP!t, who can I contact?
- You can contact any of our campus counselors with question or concerns.
Where can I download the app for my Apple or Android device?