Who is eligible for candidacy?
- A United States citizen;
- A qualified registered voter in the district;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court;
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- A resident of the district for six months and resident of the state for 12 months before the filing deadline; and
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- Trustees must retain all qualifications while in office.
For further information, please visit our Wolfe City ISD Board Policy
(See Texas Election Code Title 9 Sec. 141.001 & Texas Education Code Sec. 11.061)